A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Oregon coast

From willamette we headed down the Oregon coast. We stopped at the umpqua lighthouse. Enjoyed the views and had a little drama trying to use the restroom. I had purchased from the gift shop and was told this entitled me to use of the restroom. However an overzealous volunteer docent almost tackled me as I tried to walk in, until I told her I had permission. Bizarre! 

Continuing along the coast we stopped periodically for pictures. Overcast day but still breathtaking beaches. 

Less rain as we headed south. 

Enjoyed watching the clouds roll in and it. And we saw a whale far offshore but no shot at pictures. 


Entertaining signage at one of our stops. Plenty to be warned about in Oregon! 


Warming up as we go! 



More blue sky as we got closer to California. 
And beaches and flowers. Such a gorgeous drive. 


And wind!

Just before entering California we came across the highest bridge in Oregon. 

Just before the border. Blue sky and gorgeous vistas. Who knew we would soon drive literally into a cloud!  Great coast and wonderful drive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment