A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, April 3, 2015

NC Trails

The nice thing about having every other day off is I can explore a lot of new running spots. I first chose raven rock state park. 
There was a good 5.9mile trail around to the Lanier falls. 
And then to the raven rock which wasn't terribly impressive. But it allowed me to get to my goal of 8 miles!
Cape fear river above. 
And my full route. 
Of course there's a leas the golf course trails around my house. Including a train going by below. 
On Monday I took a roadtrip to Charlotte. I visited one of my favorite places, US national whitewater center. Trails weren't open but had a nice walk and nice lunch :) 




My next adventure was to mcalpine greenway. Enjoyed the turtles :)
When I got back to Pinehurst I figured out that rassie wicker park is very close to work 
So a nice spot to take a break on call. On my second to last call I met Shoffeitt for a drink. Well deserved brew!
And he told me about reservoir park.  Great trails and scenery. 


Cheers to NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment