A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

SC/NC/VA in 48 hours

After working for 18 days in a row, I got my first break. I had 6 days off and was going to make the most of them. I began my tour in Conway/Myrtle Beach to visit my Grandma. 
We had a nice trip to the boardwalk, but our walk was short as I had forgotten the footrests for the wheelchair. Oops :) 
I then got in a long run around the retirement neighborhoods before driving to Charlotte. I remembered how hot it gets here and that I should carry water!  I had gotten spoiled by the abundant water fountains in NZ. And the milder temps! 
Next stop was Charlotte where I enjoyed the NC sunset as I walked to a new brewery. I was originally going to take the light rail, but determined walking would in fact be faster. And it was still light out so seemed ok. 
After this beer at sycamore I found some friends at an art crawl that was winding down. We then headed to the common market for many more amazing and cheap craft beers. Benefits of America. 
I managed to wake up for the know your craft 5k at triple c the next morning. I took the light rail this time. It was nice to run on my old familiar route. It was a little chilly but free beer at the end is a win! 
6.5 hour drive later I was in northern VA. I arrived in time for a stellar dinner party with good beer. 
And amazing lamb. Also cheaper here than in NZ!
Finally I headed down the street to my parents to visit my 13 year old cat, who had a birthday that day. Or as close as you can get accuracy wise with a rescue cat :). 
Great 48 hours. And now I would get to stay in vaguely the same area for a few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment