A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Morrow Mountain

To get ready for a lot of backpacking in New Zealand, I made a couple trips to Morrow mountain last week. It is the highest point in the middle of North Carolina, but only 300 or so meters :)
Sunday was a gorgeous day with blue skies and perfect temperature. 
I did two trails, first the fall mountain trail. 

Decent views!

I enjoyed a beverage at the summit. 
Perfect sky. 

Next I headed to the three rivers trail, a shorter and flatter trail. 



Finished up by lake tillery. 

It had gotten warm! 
Monday I went back, as it's only an hour drive from Pinehurst. I tried one of the strenuous trails first. 
It had a good bit of elevation in a short distance. 

The the relatively flat quarry trail. 

The waterfall looks better in the live photo!   Both days were good walks. Next stop, New Zealand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment