A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Snowshoeing.

Woke up to a gorgeous leap day. After the morning meetings I headed out for some snowshoeing. 
With th warm temps there was some slush and mud but overall I found a good amount of snow. I managed to wander for about 8-9km. 
Very nice views, even if not much elevation. 
I will slowly be delayering as it gets warm! 
Looking over the village. 
And the golf course. 
I briefly wandered up some areas that probably weren't meant to be trails. 

I came down to the flats where the dog sledding is. Too little snow for that. And no sledding! 
Some snow shoeing on the gravel....
Some golf and some snow....
The snow showing version of the balance beam. 
Beautiful. 
Crossing the creek. Lovely but no snow on the bridge!

Reminder I am on a golf course. 
Stripping down the layers. 

And wandering up thru some trees. This was the back country section so a little more challenging. 

Sun sun sun! 
Speed bump!  I think this is for the golf.  
Gorgeous day. 
I really enjoyed this section with lots of snow and no people :) 

And some nice homes....

Back across the street to the flatter trails with less snow. 
Lake placid. Version 2.0. 

Reminding me of the Pinehurst putter boy. Great workout be beautiful scenery. Even if some mud and gravel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment