A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Charlotte

After a night in northern Virginia I headed down to Charlotte. Despite a brief blizzard on the way, I was able to make it. I had a lovely hotel in the city and did a frigid in over to noda. 
The sunsets are still good!  As is the beer.   :)

The following night I also headed to run club, this time at triple c. No pictures but it was another cold but good night. I also enjoyed catching up with so many people from cmc.

For my Third night and third brewery, I headed to heist. I took the scenic route along little sugar creek greenway. Having a car means it's a lot harder to get a decent number of steps in a day! 
The greenway was cold but pretty. Unfortunately no so safe to walk back after dark. But in the light of day, came close enough to auckland safety. 

Beautiful blue skies.  Hard to tell it was 20 something Fahrenheit. 
Alexander park. 

I made it to heist and enjoyed great beers and friends. By far the best was one of my good friends own brew, folie du ware. 
I planned to go back to nova on Saturday, but snow had other plans. It worked out well, as I was able to visit Christina and Brian in wake forest. And enjoy more cheap and good brews! 
I was in shock at the selection and the prices!  Great nc trip. Looking forward to the next one being warmer...

No comments:

Post a Comment