A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Burke

I was going a little stir crazy not being able to walk as much as in NZ. So when I got to northern Virginia mom and I headed to burke lake. 
We knew there would be snow, but didn't really realize it would be like walking through soft sand on the beach...for 7.5 miles....
It was a beautiful day. 
Hard to believe daylight savings time starts in 2 weeks...

I haven't seen the lake so frozen before. 

We were happy to finish before sunset...

After the walk I headed to anne and dans to play with the kids and enjoy some Charlotte brews. With the new coozie fro
Evms. 
In my quest to run no matter what, I had some creative running routes.

 At least the sun was out tuesday. 

Anne and I also went to glory days, the oldest bar in burke.

Before leaving burke, my parents and I headed to yard house. I had a great ipa sampler and I got carded! Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment