A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Chesapeake


My next stop was chesapeake to visit several good friends from the college days. They have been deluged with snow and the kids have missed a ton of school. (As have the teachers!). I first visited Chris and Andrea and the boys. They rugby kiwis were a hit. Super good to see all the vails. And Chris introduced me to my first local beer. Breweries have sprung up since I left!

Next stop was Claudias and then we headed out to a much needed kid free dinner for the moms. Super sushi. We got home in plenty of time and I enjoyed time with the kids and Claudia as the snow started around 11pm. As I've had a tough time getting good workouts in since I got back I was really excited to shovel th driveway the next day!  It was a great workout and 7500+ steps including the sidewalks. Simple pleasures. 


The next day the sun finally came up. Last shot of Claudias and then I had to say goodbye :(. 
Luckily I got to head to carries to hang with rica and take a nice walk. 
Rica did not walk with me. She thought I was crazy for going in the snow...


That night we got the true 'peake experiences with big ugly brewing company (holy red neck fratty!) 

Abuelos Mexican ("I don't know which enchilada is which. I'm not a server. I just being out food")

And finally line dancing at the eagles nest. Once I took off my winter hat I was allowed in. Great people watching!  And a great trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment