A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Telluride day 5

Friday began with another beautiful morning. I did my 2 hours of learning and then headed back to the hotel. The rest of the group was leaving at 915am, and I just had to pack and then head to my new resort, the peaks. 
I got there around 1030am but my room wasn't ready. I hit the gym and spa and then headed out to the veranda for sun, views, and brews.  
While it was only 45F, with no wind and excellent sun, it was getting hot! 
I enjoyed my beers and lunch (Cobb salad, no lettuce) 
You will note when you ask for a salad without lettuce, the chef still has a need to fill up the plate. So you get more good stuff for the same price! 
I decided to go for a wee walk along the dog walking trails. It was a little cooler down there. 
Looking back at the resort. 

Such an amazing day. Also, some of these houses go for $20K+ per week....


I wandered back and enquired again about my room. It was going to be anther half an hour, but the bartender took pity on me and gave me a free beer. Once I got to my room I had the perfect balcony! Amazing day and amazing spot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment