A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pinehurst

After a week of travel and babysitting, I headed down to Pinehurst to actually start working again. I found a great condo on course #5 that is furnished and ready for move in. My backyard: 
The first night I took a walk around my neighborhood. Not bad! 

And set up my condo with plenty of kiwiana! The pillow cover below was hand made by my friend Lucy. 
The best thing about being back in NC is the sunsets. They really never get old. Some from monday night (my first night of work) 
I did work that night, in the hospital from 930-1am and then back for rounds at 730am. I had a few consults and cases. With the insurance rules I can only see certain people until each individual insurance company approves me. This makes for a few less people to see. In standard ridiculous insurance company fashion they only let me apply for credentials 30 days before my start date (we had all the paperwork ready well before then). But they have 60 days to approve. So that means most people can't see various patients like BCBS and Medicare when they first start work. Ridiculous.

But I made it through my first day without getting too lost in the hospital. And finished at 7 pm in time for sunset and a walk to the Irish pub for St Patrick's Day. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment