A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The not so friendly skies.

PSaturday night was not a good night for American Airlines. And based on posts to their Facebook page this is not a new problem. I was texted around 9pm to tell me that my 730 flight thru Dallas to montrose was cancelled due to bad weather in Dallas. I called immediately and was on hold for about 20min. A woman who sounded intoxicated rebooked me on a flight that took me 4 hours away by car from telluride!  

I found a flight on United and rebooked online, all while on hold with american. I remained on hold for 3.5 hours until 1:30am (had to get up at 5am for my flight) they had said the wait was 45min. During this I called from another phone and they just said sorry, no one can talk to you, and hung up. I was then hung up on from my massive hold.  Not pleased with American. And not alone:

I did make it uneventfully to Chicago from dc. I tried to fly standby on an earlier flight to no avail. But I did get southwest egg rolls at chilis! And walked a few km around the airport 

The next drama started when my plane to montrose was late. No big deal by itself, but about 30 minutes after it landed they suddenly realized that TEN people had to get off the plane to make weight. They didn't tell us why (later the pilot explained they needed more fuel because of a head wind ). They wasted 90 minutes waiting for volunteers and then finally kicked people off based on who paid the least for their ticket. Lovely. They then were able to add back on 5 of the 7 people they had kicked off!  Would have made much more sense to do this at 1pm when we were supposed to take off!  After another 30 minutes of paperwork (they had counted wrong) we finally took off around 4pm. When we finally got to montrose I was able to get a much needed beer at the airport while waiting for the shuttle. Got in to the hotel around 730pm (was meant to be 4pm!)
Nanette has also been delayed and landed in grand junction, then denver, then montrose!  Gail had it the worst, landing at 2 am with her luggage not making it...At least we all finally made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment