A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cape Royal

After checking out I drove over to cape Royal, about 45 minutes due to the winding roads. Really awesome spot. And I lucked out by getting there and wandering for about an hour with the giant tour bus arriving just as I left. Yay for getting up early! 

Angels window is above. 

Views from the point of the cape. 
The north rim is much wider and more complex than the south. 

I took a lot of pictures. Still doesn't do it justice. 



Those mountains very far in the distance are the san Francisco range (in Arizona). I will end up over there later in the day on the way to Sedona! 

Coming out to the point angel view point. On top of angels window (the hole in the first photo)
Way too much fencing but otherwise a nice spot. 
Looking back at the window and where I had been standing above it. 
Colorado River. Red and silt filled this time of year. (The way it always was before the dam)

No comments:

Post a Comment