A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Lake Busbee SC

After my day trips down to Conway SC to visit Grandma, I try to find new places to run. During the summer driving towards the ocean is out of the question with all the crazy traffic. Lake busbee is a reservoir by the power plant that I have driven over literally for 16 years going to Conway. I just figured out there's a trail around it. 
It's a half circle around one side of the lake. A loop could technically be formed by running back along the highway but that seemed like a poor choice. No alligators seen! 
The trail was nice and wide, mix of gravel and dirt. It was crazy hot around 92 degrees. There was luckily some gale force winds here and there to make it bearable. 
Fun with my new photo app changing the colors of the foliage. Or I could just blame it on crazy power plant radiation....
Despite the scorching heat I had a good 4.4 miles. After dousing myself with water and changing in the car, it was time for the 2 hour drive home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment