A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Little Bradley Falls

My next mini hike was little Bradley falls. I found this on a random internet search of hikes near lake lure. I started off on what clearly looked like a trail. At that moment my cell signal was not enough for me to read the full description of the hike. So I headed along the creek, crossing and at points just walking straight down the middle trying not to think about the possibility of snakes in the water. As I bushwhacked more and more I finally got service again. Turns out I had made a wrong turn at outset....backtracked, literally walking down the middle of the creek, until I got to the start. Now I took the upper trail, which was much better marked and less massive spider webs! 
I easily made it to the falls once I was on the proper trail. Time for a nice cold beer. Wicked hot and humid! 
There were a couple guys along the falls that decided to climb to the top. I was a wee bit worried they wouldn't be able to come back down.  I waited a bit to check, but they seemed content up at the top. 
Still a gorgeous falls and a nice break after my strenuous bushwhacking and creek walking. I was still squish squishing along in my boots. 

Looking back down from the ridge at my first trail. Despite the wrong turn, a great hike. Looking forward to heading back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment