A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

28 hours of travel

I left my Gold Coast hotel around 5 in the morning on Sunday October 4th. With the date line, I would arrive at my Chicago hotel at 7pm the same day. But a lot of plane rides and airport traversing between! 
As we landed in Auckland we taxied past my plane to lax. It was a close connection but my lax flight ended up being delayed anyways. 
They suggested we go to the lounge to wait for the computer problem on our Dreamliner too be fixed. Don't have to ask me twice. 
Made it on the plane and I had been upgraded to premium economy. Win!  I had only sat in economy on the Dreamliner before. Premium was fantastic! 
Layover at lax. Back to west coast beers! 
And finally to Chicago. Foggy night but the Hancock building lit up for breast cancer awareness month. 
I found a rooftop bar next to my hotel. Turns out I was in the Gold Coast section of Chicago as well. 
Slightly different gold coasts....long travels but overall not bad. Now getting over the time changes would take even longer....

No comments:

Post a Comment