A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Gold Coast

I started my time on the Gold Coast with a run. Into one of the local parks, just a typical beware of massive snakes Aussie sign...
Pretty great view from my balcony including sunset behind the hotels. 
I took advantage of having a proper kitchen to make some healthy food. Chopped onions, capsicum, Edam, and turkey on a tortilla. After a lot of pizza and burgers was fabulous. 
Then down to the spa pool for a nice evening. Met some architects from Melbourne and enjoyed conversation ranging from running to American politics. 
Given my being on Auckland time, as well as Queensland not participating in daylight savings, it was easy to wake up at 0515 (0815 in nz) for a nice sunrise. 





I then went on a 10k run down the beach. I was amazed at how many people were out at 6 am. Apparently since there is never daylight savings time, everyone always wakes up quite early with the sun and heads out! At times sunrise is 4 am! 
Lovely run down the beach and then time to continue my day. Of course it was only 7  am. To be continued on the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment