A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Cartwheel Bay Run

After visiting Grandma last week I decided to find a new trail to run on along the drive home. South Carolina actually has a pretty comprehensive website with trails listed. This one seemed particularly deliverance-like, as the turn of was "between two abandoned shacks" 
In point of fact there was only one abandoned shack. And then the dirt road into the woods....
Tiny sign that I only saw on my way out. 
My "parking space" 
I set off along the trail that was mainly old sometimes still used roads. 
I never did find the two bays mentioned in the description. Just a couple random fields...
One trailer along the road. No one appeared to be home at the moment. 

Apparently a decent hunting spot. Although it was meant to be a preserve so not sure what was legal. 
The trail map is below. It was supposed to be a 6k loop. 
Here is what I did. I clearly missed a turned at some point. Turned it into an 8k out and back. 
But I did get to run with a lot of butterflies and get pictures of one! Plus I survived the backwoods of south cackalacky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment