A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Occoquan et al

My last week up in Nova I enjoyed a couple weekdays with no firm plans. I decided to head I old town Occoquan as I drive past it every time I head to Burke from 95. I couldn't actually remember the last time I had been there. 
I parked and wandered around a bit, finding a pathway to a bridge to cross the river. Mini waterfall at the end of the bridge, and then the path turned into private fenced land of the Fairfax county water authority. 

I turned back into town and decided on madigans for lunch along the water. 
They've managed to make the expanded route 123 bridge still look fairly nice. 
After lunch I wandered out to the docks to read on the water. These "condos" apparently have elevators inside. As a 2 bdrm costs upwards of 900K, they really should. 

Random little park within the few blocks that make up "historic Occoquan" 
For my second day off, I headed into Arlington to meet Anne for lunch. After lunch I wanted to read outside and try some beers at Rustico. This proved to be a bit of a challenge as the hostess initially refused to seat me on the near empty patio as I wasn't ordering a proper lunch. Luckily the manager was more reasonable (my beers cost more than most lunch food items anyway!) 
Finished the day heading into old town Alexandria for dinner. Nice sunset around the Masonic temple (with some photo editing). 
Found a spot called bilbo baggins, which seemed like I was meant to go there. Unfortunately no actual NZ brews or fare but at least I got a coaster to add to the collection. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment