A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Auckland


I headed up to Auckland for a few days before Nick and I met back again for the Melbourne trip.  The first day I hit all the good beer spots (well a good 2/3).  First stop Brew on Quay for a wistful "Dump the Trump"

And then over to Sixteen tun where Jason and I enjoyed many IPAs!  However I was still able to run up the volcano (Mt Eden) the next morning... (below)
  
Gorgeous day with great views.

I then headed for a walk about town in the sunshine.  Had to get out the suncream and sunhat!

Heading towards Ponsonby.

And a random beach towards the harbour bridge.

I had picked up a beefroot burger (combo of beef and beetroot) and enjoyed it by the water.
  
Then headed down the trail around to the bridge.
 
There were a few prelim climbers or bungy jumpers (guided) hanging out on the inner portion of the bridge.
 
And then to the marina, where the full trail around was now finished.
 
I found a nice (giant) wooden chaise lounger to sit and read in by the water.  Not a bad view!

And sunset from the hotel!
 
The next morning I went for a run thru the domain past the war museum.  Then on to the airport to head to Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment