A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Queenstown Hill


Last time I was in town, it was icy on the track so I didn't go all the way up to the summit.  No ice this time!  Excellent views as I headed up first towards the basket of dreams.

Past the mini lake.

And then at the summit.  I met an Englishman and a Canadian couple.  As it was just a few days after the election, they enquired about my well-being now that Trump was President Elect.  The Englishman couldn't understand why no Americans he met traveling voted for the orange one....

A little chilly at the summit, but no snow!
  
Enjoyed a customary beer and chocolate.
 
Great views over Lake Wakatipu and towards Kelvin Peninsula.
 
Heading back down, evidence of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment