A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, December 2, 2016

To New Zealand.


Now that I'm back in the States I have time to upload all of my activities over the past few weeks!  I travelled to NZ via LAX Nov 16, to land on the 18th and then run a half marathon on the 19th!  LAX isn't my favorite, as its huge and crazy, but I made it to the star alliance lounge (above).  The terrace outside with the fake fire (but still warm) was lovely.  Unfortunately we then sat on the tarmac for >1 hour and I arrived late to Auckland.  After a sprint from international to domestic, I did make my connection to Queenstown and also just barely had time to get a flat white from the domestic air NZ lounge!

Another beautiful flight down to Queenstown over the Southern Alps.

Nick picked me up and we got my favorite pizza to enjoy in the sunshine in the back yard!

And then a short run in prep for the race the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment