A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Jackson Bay 1

We settled on a spot partway down the road with a nice view and nice flat spot for the tent. 
Started up the bonfire straightaway to try to discourage the sandflies. 

And some beers by the fire with my new koozie. Also saw a penguin briefly and heard what I think was a kiwi after dark...
Nick in the smoke trying to rid himself of the flies. They really liked him. 


Good fire.  Tons of flies. 
I decided to take a walk to the toilets which we thought were about 1.5k away. Turns out they were 5k away. But I enjoyed the sunset and much fewer flies on the road. 






Now heading back you can just make out our fire in the distance. 
Sunset lasts forever with all the mountains. 

I arrived back to find we had been joined by some folks staying near by who had come out for some mussels. 
Distance selfie as the flies liked him better than me. 
Finally some darkness 
Despite the flies it was a memorable and beautiful night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment