A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Monday, January 4, 2016

Welcome Flat Hut

We enjoyed a leisurely day at welcome flat. Some clouds in the morning as we checked out the river. 
A trip to the hot pools. I elected to stay put and sandfly protected. 
Amazing views at the hot pools. 

The mud keeps the flies away. And nice on the skin. 

We went over to the flats to look for some animals. I saw my first chamois! 


As it was chilly we headed back for an early lunch and nap. 
And then woke up to blue sky! 
Lounging in the sun along the river. 
Perfect afternoon.  


We came back and I tried my hand at the cooking. I did not burn the hut down and it turned out pretty good :) 
Evenings entertainment was an inch worm I found and also some card playing. Wonderful chill day at the hut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment