A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Around Hilo


After my long hike the day before, I decided to take a hiking break and just wander around Hilo town.  In the morning I ran the 3.5 miles to Rainbow Falls and then back.  Some shots from around town on my run.

Massive trees like this everywhere.  Most of them had plaques with someones name and the year they were planted (as early as the 1930s)

Overlooking Hilo Bay
 
On my way back from my run I went through Liliuokalani Gardens.

A little muddy from the rains the day prior, but a nice green space.
   
Past my hotel was Reeds Bay park, which I walked past en route to Mehana brewery.

Free tastings at the brewery and they filled my water bottle up with beer!
 
The following mornings run took me past Reeds Bay at sunrise.
  
And in the other direction, out on Moku Ola looking back towards my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment