A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Volcano house, Kilauea Caldera


I finally made it to my lodging at Volcano House.  The hotel is located within Volcanoes National Park.  My cabin was about 3 miles outside of it.  The hotel has views over the Kilauea Caldera.  I took a lot of pictures of this volcano...
 
My rustic cabin.  Just two beds, but very nice!  Even had electricity, and I was right across the street from the showers/toilets, so not bad at all!

The caldera at dusk after I had showered and returned to the pub for dinner.
 
Still on eastern time for the most part, I woke up early and headed up to the lodge for morning coffee.  Great views of the caldera before the sun came up.
 
And one last one before I left a few mornings later!

No comments:

Post a Comment