A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Pololu Valley 1


After stopping at the lodge to get more beer, I headed to Pololu Valley in the north high country.  I got there about noon, and the carpark was a zoo.  But I parked way down the road and started my walk.  Amazing views as you go the 1/2 mile switchbacked trail down to the beach.
  
Some clouds rolling in from the valley, but it was so hot and humid I would have welcomed rain (never came)

Made it down to the beach and set off to find the Honokane Nui trail.
 
The first trail I took up to the cliff top, but then it ended there...
  
So I came back down to the beach to have lunch and regroup.
     
Great lunch spot with the waves crashing.  And on the opposite side of the beach to the carpark trail, so pretty empty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment