A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Keawaiki Bay Walk


My next stop was Waikoloa.  I was staying at the Hilton resort there (points!).  Nearby there was a nice 7 mile loop hike that got me away from the crazy masses at the resort!  It started along king's trail or highway.  This was made 100+ years ago for horses to travel from the northern Kohala coast down to kona.

It is A LOT of lava.  I started out around 1030 am, so the heat wasn't unbearable quite yet.
 
Pretty much 2.5 miles of this....Impressive that the trail has held up so well.
 
Finally turned off to head to the coast and a few trees!
 
The coastal portion began at Keawaiki Bay, a deserted beach with a lone palm tree.
 
Worth the trek through lava!
  
I then continued on to Pueo Bay, which was less sand and more lava stones.
 
An excellent spot to stop for a swim and a beer!
 
I had the beach completely to myself.  Glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment