A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Ben Lomond 1


For our last hiking day in Queenstown, we headed to Ben Lomond.  I hadn't yet down the summit, as the last time I tried there was heaps of snow and I just made it to the saddle.

Clouds here and there and fantastic views as we headed up towards Ben Lomond Saddle.
 
Fairly steep trail, but better than the last time I did it in mud!
 
And just fantastic views over Lake Wakatipu.
  
I couldn't stop taking pictures of the lake and the alps, which had fresh snow from the night before.

Up at the saddle, looking across to Ben Lomond station, where Moke lake is.

The summit is up there in the cloud.  I decided to head up!
  
Mom elected to wait on a bench near the bottom of the summit trail.  I head up and up into the clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment