A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Arrowtown

I made my way over to Arrowtown and had a more regular lunch at a place called postmasters. Adorable little town. 
Found an excellent session IPA and quite enjoyed the story on the label. 
I then set off for the Tobin track. The first part was along the river track. 
Over the bridge and then I would start going up and up. 

The track named for a mr Tobin who originally maintained the road. 
As I continued up the trail the amazing views continued as well. Over all of Arrowtown and the valley. 


Smoke in the distance from some farmers having a burn off. By the time we got back to queenstown later in the day it was a heavy smoke all across the sky. 
At the summit. 



Some local sheep. 

Now I needed to find the trail back down. It was listed as "steep" on the map. I forgot that in kiwi speak that actually means vertical. 


Going down and down and down some more. You can see the smoke increasing. 
Back on the queenstown trail and then to the river trail. 




After a bit of shopping, finished off the day with a flight of beers at fork and tap before heading back to queenstown. 
Went home via a side trip towards coronet peak. A bit more smoke in the sky and getting chilly now. 
And then a fantastic sunset I've the lake. The smoke added to the colors. Another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment