A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Bark Bay to Torrent Bay

For Saturday's walk things were a bit hectic with the coastal run going on. 300 people running 36k from Awaroa to Marahau. We walkers headed out on the boat and swung past some seals on Adele island. 
I was meant to go from torrent bay up to Onetahuti. But the easterlies said otherwise. It was too rough to reliably pick me up at Onetahuti. So instead I was dropped at Bark bay to head down to anchorage.  
The Aquataxi driver advised me that the only decent part of the walk I would miss was just up from bark bay. So I started off north for a few minutes to go over two bridges and see a waterfall!


Returning to bark bay I headed south. 

It was a very nice walk. However at 1130 I saw my first runner and they just kept coming. Takes away from the tranquility a bit. 

But I still enjoyed some lovely vistas. 

Heading up towards the falls river and the associated bridge. 
At high tide the boats can go up this river. 
It was a challenge to get bridge pictures without runners in them!


Continuing on, this is apparently the half way point or so, based on the name of the pools. 

And now torrent bay in the distance. This is a resort community only accessible by boat or walking. 
And also where I planned to have lunch and hopefully have some runner pass!!

No comments:

Post a Comment