A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Torrent Bay to Anchorage

I did enjoy a nice lunch at torrent bay beach. 
Taking my time hoping a lot of runners will pass!

Fairly low tide. 
I took the upper track to anchorage as it took longer and I had plenty of time. I also wanted to see cleopatras pools. 

Looking out over the low tide track. 

I made the turn off towards cleopatras pools and was mainly happy to not have to worry about runners behind me! 



There was a mildly sketchy boulder crossing, but the pools were quite nice. 


And now back to the main trail! Only. Few more runners passing. These wee the walking runners. They would eventually pass me but would often walk slower than me, and then sprint a little. 
Anchorage bay here I come! 


Arrived at the bay and walked along the beach. Happy to see ducks and No runners. 
The hut is quite nice. 
Enjoyed my last can of beer from queenstown while I awaited the water taxi. We had quite an adventurous and bumpy ride back! Too crazy to take pictures but I did get some go pro that will eventually make it on here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment