A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Heading out from Pohara

I woke up early Friday as I still haven't totally adjusted to the time change. At least I'm not waking up at 6am instead of 3 am!  I wasn't due to leave for the walk until 10, so went on a beach walk. 
Just as pretty in the morning as it was at sunset. 
A little more beach than the night before with the lower tide. 


I returned to the lodge for a stellar breakfast. My host Steve is from New Hampshire originally. He came out here to work various adventure companies and met his parter.  They did permanent summer for awhile switching between Abel Tasman and Alaska. Then got this place and have stayed since! 
The blue penguin where I had my fabulous pizza the night before. 
And a last coffee at the lodge before heading out. Definitely one of my favorite places I've stayed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment