A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Goat Bay to Awaroa Inlet

I continued on in the forest for a bit, with views down to the water after a short climb. 
Next beach on the agenda, waiharakeke. 

And then back into the wetlands of pound gully to head towards Awaroa inlet. 

The inlet is only cross able around low tide. Even with that I was warned there's a bit of wading so I changed into my water shoes and carried my boots. The first bit was just a lot of mud and then we got into water crossings. More of a wind on the flats as well. 

The deepest were a foot and a half or so. Lots of shells but not bad. 

Almost to the hut!
Quite a long distance to cross looking back. 
Enjoyed the hut to wash and dry my feet and have some lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment