A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Moonlight Path

For my last day in Queenstown I headed to moke lake for the moonlight path. I have walked the lake before when I had a rental car, as its a few miles from town. I got dropped off at the lake and was able to be picked up on the other side, no no worries with out and back! 
The walk starts along the 4wd farm road through Ben lomond station.  
It was a bit cloudy but that suited me as it wasn't too hot! 
Lots of cows along the road. They were a little creepy staring at me but ran away for the most part. 
Each walk I did this trip seemed like a completely different world. This was complete country, no views of the town, and heaps of graze land. Gorgeous. 

The road continued above the river. There was a road down there to but with way too many stream crossings. 
The first half of the walk didn't have any more sign posts. But I figured I was probably going the right direction! 
Just amazing. 



Random stairs along the creep at the point where the road went down and crossed. 
Only real stream crossing. Fine with boots. 

A sign! On the right track!
Now into sheep country past the half way point. Will slowly narrow into single track. 



A little more blue sky coming out. 
Plenty of sheep!



Winding through the mountains towards Arthur's point. 
The sheep in the distance was trying to catch up to its mates. But took the track towards me at a run instead of the lower track. Figured his mistake and gave me a very confused look before turning around. 


Perfect day weather wise! 
Seeing the town in the far distance. 

And more sheep 

Finished up in a neighborhood at Arthur's point. Ideal South Island walk on a crisp day. Loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment