A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Zurich



For my last 24 hours in Switzerland I headed to Zurich. A few photos above from my train ride to visp. I then changed for Zurich and was happy to find my hotel was just a block from the main station and adorable rooms! 
Had my last leftover beer from zermatt. Note the no tv watching logo!
My first Zurich adventure was to the fork and bottle in Brunau. A short walk along a creek from the Brunau train station. 
Fabulous day and Biergarten. 
I ordered my first beer and then got the full beer list where I found they had 27 kiwi beers!
So my second was a kiwi IPA I never had while in nz!
After lunch I went on a walk in the next door park and eventually turned it into a 2 mile trail to the next train station.  
Looking back at the pub. 
Walking the park. 
Random wooden platform at the other side of the park. Pub in the distance. 

The across the creek to the other trails. 

Much tamer bike trails!
Heading back to town and the station. 
Sign on the train. Don't saw off the seats! 
After a stop at the hotel I headed over to the train station and the park behind. 
Lovely walk along the river. 



And I found a nice spot to sit. I noticed everyone around me drinking beer, so I headed over to the bottle shop to see what they had. 
Massive selection including local DC area brewery duclaw. 
Back to the park with some locals Swiss beer 

After another stop at the hotel for a snack I headed to the number one craft beer pub in Zurich according to rate beer.com. This is the view from my room before I left. 
Another great pub!


And then a sunset walk to a Mexican restaurant nearby. 

Where I had the best Mexican I've reg had. 

The following morning I had a lovely breakfast at the airport before finally having to leave. Very sad to be heading out. What a fantastic country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment