A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pitt Head walk

I quite enjoyed walking without a pack on! The Pitt head look is 3k or so. First stop Te Pukatea bay. Gorgeous and deserted. 

The bay from above. 

Continued on around Pitt head. 
Anchorage bay from above. 


I headed back to the bay and settled in on the beach for more lunch and beers and my book. 
I got on the Aquataxi and was still on the water when I was apparently supposed to be picked up at 4 pm. Oops. Turns out I had been put on the wrong boat. No worries, they put me on a different bus! So all was well. 
Our boat driver expertly piloted the boat onto the trailer and then tractored us out. It was extreme low tide so we had a long way to go. 
Great walk and great time in Marahau off to nelson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment