A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Totaranui to Goat Bay

Steve drove me over to my starting point at Totaranui.  Absolutely perfect weather. It got a little chilly on the beach in the wind but made for nice walking. He stayed with my luggage to await the Aquataxi so I could set off on the walk. 
My route for the day from Totaranui to Onetahuti 
The walk took me in and out of the forest with intermittent beach walks. 

Lush green forest quite the contrast from my alpine walks in queenstown. 
Totaranui beach in the distance. If you zoom you can see Steve and my luggage meeting the Aquataxi. 

After a couple climbs I was deposited down into goat bay. Another stunning beach. 

Forgot it takes double effort to walk through soft sand. But worth it. 

Finishing up goat bay and back into the woods. 

Only 2km into my 12+km walk, and already massive amounts of views and pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment