A story of trails, beers, runs, and experiences.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Stillwell bay to anchorage

Across the bridge and continuing in the forest with intermittent views of the coast line. 


Such a gorgeous day. 
I stopped off at a lookout for lunch and a beer. I was carrying 3 and they were getting heavy! Adele island across the way, named by the first explorer after his wife. He was a frenchman called D'Urville. 
The astrolabe road is the channel in front, named after his ship. 

Next stop off was the watering cover, where D'Urville and his men stopped in for washing and met the local Maori. They were friendly luckily! 


And then up and over to anchorage, where my pickup would occur. 

Once at anchorage I had plenty of time before pickup. I was able to drop my pack at the picnic tables and go on a nice pack free walk around Pitt head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment